At Helen G Events we are now offering live feeds of your destination wedding for guests who may not be able to make the trip to Jamaica for your wedding.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 876 541-772 / 718-880-4067 for details.
Visitors who want to get married in Jamaica must apply for a marriage license. We get asked this question alot from persons who would prefer to do the process themselves. However please note your minister should be able to handle this for you.
How to Apply
1. Obtain the following Forms from the Ministry of Justice:
- License Form
- Form of Declaration
2. The License Form should be taken to:
Stamp Duty & Transfer Tax Department
111 Harbour Street Kingston
Tel: (876) 924-9934/9226972-3
At which time a fee of Four (J$4000.00) thousand Jamaican dollars is paid.
3. The Form of Declaration should be completed by someone who will be able to declare the condition of the couple (i.e single, widowed, divorced) and signed by a Justice of the Peace.
4. Unlike many countries, Jamaica does not require couples to take blood tests in order to get married. The completed documents should be returned to the offices of the Ministry of Justice with the following documents where applicable:
- Proof of citizenship – (certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name)
- Parent’s written consent if under 18 years of age
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce)
- Certified copy of death certificate for the deceased widow or widower
The Marriage License is usually issued by the Ministry of Justice within three (3) hours. The License is valid for three months.
For additional information contact:
The Ministry of Justice
2 Oxford Road
NCB Towers, 10th floor/South Tower
Tel: 1 876 906 4923-31
Fax: 1 876 906 1712 – 3