05 Oct 2013 Leave a comment
01 Oct 2013 Leave a comment
We absolutely love helping our bride and grooms plan their Jamaica beach wedding and over the years we have developed a list of our fave items to incorporate into our beach weddings. See some below:
1. We just love a bamboo arch draped with white fabric on the beach:
2. We just love incorporating sea shells in the decor and on the wedding cake. See some ideas below:
3. We love when our brides and grooms dress a little casual for their Jamaica beach weddings. No long trains and jacket and ties on the hot sunny beach.
4. We love when our brides go barefoot and dress up their feet with jewelry:
5. We love incorporating parasols in beach wedding they look so great when each bridesmaid carry one.
6. Sand ceremony – so romantic on the beach. It never gets old.
7. We love when brides provide flip flops for guests and brushes for guests to clean their feet.
We will share some of our other faves in another post.
27 Sep 2013 Leave a comment
At Helen G Events we are committed to helping persons getting married in Jamaica and with that we are happy to announce that we have a new website and blog that will feature Jamaica Wedding Vendors, Packages, Services, Deals and Discounts!!!
We are now the number 1 source for information if you are planning a wedding in Jamaica!!! So excited!!!!
23 Sep 2013 Leave a comment
Wow there was some serious fashion at this years Emmys and some are really great for weddings. Pastels are definitely in and we also saw some blues from Tina Fey, Giuliana Ranci and Alisson Williams. Some Emerald Green was also present. Please check out these looks below that we love for brides and bridesmaids.
I love love this dress that Malin Akerman of Watchmen chose. So great for a bride (picture from the Huffington Post)
Brides-to-be are surely busy pinning the actress’s pale Marchesa gown (the official color is “duck egg”) featuring a sweetheart neckline, ruching and textured embroidery all the way down to the train. She tops the head-turning design with a coordinating Marchesa clutch and Neil Lane jewels.
Also loved Kerry Washingstons dress (pic from Huffington Post)
For bridemaids I liked this dress that Kelly Osbourne (in Jenny Packham)wore and the dress that Alisson Williams (in Ralph Lauren) and Tina Fey wore (in Narciso Rodriguez) (all pics from Huffington Post):
For other dresses from the Emmys click this link from Huffington Post:
29 Aug 2013 Leave a comment
We get asked this question a lot and honestly I don’t have any one month but below are some factors to consider when trying to decide which month to get married in Jamaica:
1. May to mid June we usually get a lot of rain in Jamaica and we do mean heavy rain
2. July and August are extremely hot months
3. The hurricane season runs from August to October. So during these months be careful of tropical storms or hurricanes.
4. Winter season is from December 15 to April 15 and usually hotel, villa and airfare is usually more expensive
5. In Jamaica we experience cooler temperatures November to February with little rainy weather
6. Between April 15 to December 15th villas, hotels and airfare is usually cheaper
You have to look at the pro and cons of a particular period and discover what’s the best month for you. Everyone will come up with a different answer.
29 Aug 2013 Leave a comment
Do wedding shows in Jamaica actually make sense? Do brides really use these shows to find or book their actual wedding vendors ? Just curious to see how much these shows actually help brides make buying decisions. I posted that question on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/jamaicaweddings just to see what our facebook fans think.
I will update later re what persons say about their thoughts on wedding shows / expo’s in Jamaica
06 Aug 2013 Leave a comment
ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED IN KINGSTON OR OCHO RIOS? We now have specially priced packages on bridal party flowers and decor packages for your wedding ceremony and reception location. For more info and pricing email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 876 541 7772/ 718 880 4067. We do weddings islandwide.