Want to be on Brides.com? Send a link to your photos to: email@example.com & include: names, photog info, date, venue, & details
For March 1st and 2nd we are inviting persons to ask us wedding questions about getting married in Jamaica. So feel free to post your questions on these dates and we will try to respond as quickly as possible.
Thanks much and looking forward to hearing from you.
This is not a new thing but I think if more destination brides to Jamaica are interested we can arrange for them to instead receive wedding gifts for them to donate to a local charity, nursing home, school etc in the town or parish where their event will be held.
Its something I would like to see happen more often a few brides have done it but there are so many people in need worldwide and any little thing helps.
If you are getting married in Jamaica and are on a budget two things you might consider especially if you are staying at an all-inclusive resort are:
1. Just have a cocktail reception instead of a full dinner. Why pay for something your guests can get for free afterwards or are already paying for. Most resorts will charge you for that reception dinner even though you are staying on property. Prices usually start at US$50 per person.
2. When you check in, you can look at the restaurants they offer and you can book tables for dinner at one and just go in and have dinner after the ceremony together.
At Helen G Events we encourage you not to let family, friends and tradition run the budget but do what fits your budget and what you are comfortable with and best of all, happy with.
Follow us on twitter at : http://twitter.com/helengevents
At Helen G Events for brides getting married in Jamaica we have found the following to be true
1. A square cake will yeild 10 to 30 percent more than a round one. So if you arent stuck on having a round cake this could be a viable option for you.
2. You can choose a small display cake or choose a display cake where only the bottom tier is real for cutting and then serve sheet cakes. This will help keep this cost factor down.
3. If on a budget you can serve the display cake instead of doing additional sheet cakes and the display cake.
At Helen G Events we know you are on a budget and we are willing to work with you to get you to your ideal price point or budget. We are also open to suggestions.
At Helen G Events, if you are getting married in Jamaica we suggest to those who are not opposed to having their wedding ceremony and reception at the same venue to try and book at a venue where you can stay at as well as host your wedding and rehearsal dinner, why? A good wedding planner will be able to negotiate better discounts with that property for you as you will be bringing alot more business to them. They will not only be accommodating you and your guests which in itself is enough if you are booking over 10 rooms but also catering your event.
At Helen G Events we do offer a location search service, where we help brides find the right location for their destination wedding in Jamaica . Its also cuts down on the cost of having to fly to Jamaica to find a venue as we send pictures to you of all locations recommeded. You only fly in if its a must for you. But for brides on a budget this helps to eliminate that cost.